pathOCL turning singlesided meshes transparent

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
kintuX

Re: pathOCL turning singlesided meshes transparent

Post by kintuX »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:43 pm
kintuX wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm I think it's precision issue, starting with huge plane/boundary to satisfy the need for horizon... can you remove the big stuff from your scene and check again?
There is no ocean mesh anymore (it's disabled from rendering) what you see is just ground color set in sky shader
Even so, it's in the scene. Most likely why new scene file behaves well.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

kintuX wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm
lacilaci wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:43 pm
kintuX wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm I think it's precision issue, starting with huge plane/boundary to satisfy the need for horizon... can you remove the big stuff from your scene and check again?
There is no ocean mesh anymore (it's disabled from rendering) what you see is just ground color set in sky shader
Even so, it's in the scene. Most likely why new scene file behaves well.
deleted, saved scene, reopened.. same problem..
And this had happened before in a mostly empty scene (always with a single sided planar meshes)

However I added some more stuff to the scene and suddenly problem is gone again..
chairs.jpg
I have no idea what's happening and how to replicate. I will try to watch for this and if it happens in a simplified scene I'll post the scene right away.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Have you tried deleting everything apart from the problematic tables? Is it still reproducable in that case?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:23 am Have you tried deleting everything apart from the problematic tables? Is it still reproducable in that case?
I haven't... But it's good enough to move "bad" table away and it was ok... Right now everything is ok though so I don't know... I'll be watching more closely for this issue so that if it happens in a simple scene I can share it.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

by the way these precission issues are horrible. I move camera 100m away and half of the stuff turns glitchy and black etc.. If this was a housing project it would not be doable on gpu!
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

aaand here we go again...
noo.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 am aaand here we go again...
Does it happens with both PATHCPU and PATHOCL ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Good, save a copy of this scene and then try to reduce the size so we can take a look. :)
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 am
lacilaci wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 am aaand here we go again...
Does it happens with both PATHCPU and PATHOCL ?
No, cpu handles this well... Same as when go and view the whole thing from distance, cpu shows everything ok but opencl has a lot of things black and glitchy...

I tried to play around with the min epsilon value but it didn't do anything...
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 am Good, save a copy of this scene and then try to reduce the size so we can take a look. :)
Yes, the problem is that as I start reducing scene size and deleting objects it randomly pops back in and renders normally...
Actually I'm still adding a lot of objects to scene and yet it again jumps between good and bad...

However, I've noticed this only on the tables and I think it has to do with the fact that their tops are open and single sided. I will try to merge meshes of the table into single one if it helps...