hardware + software requirements

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
youamer

hardware + software requirements

Post by youamer »

hi, would you advise about the HW + SW requirements.

the reason I am asking this is that I am using an old laptop with NVIDIA NVS 4200M card & Intel HD 3000 card built in.

I am also using Blender 2.8 for which you only provide an OpenCL only addon which I tried but it fails to load

thanks in advance
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: hardware + software requirements

Post by Dade »

youamer wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 pm hi, would you advise about the HW + SW requirements.

the reason I am asking this is that I am using an old laptop with NVIDIA NVS 4200M card & Intel HD 3000 card built in.
There has been recently a discussion about hardware, here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1302&start=10
youamer wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 pm I am also using Blender 2.8 for which you only provide an OpenCL only addon which I tried but it fails to load
Nvidia provides OpenCL drivers for their GPUs, may be your GPU is very old ? Have you tried to upgrade your NVIDIA drivers ? However mobile GPUs are quite slow and usually not suited for rendering tasks (they may produce a lot of heat).

You could also install the Intel OpenCL CPU device (“Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1 for Windows OS (64bit or 32bit)” section of https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... cl-drivers). It is mostly useful for testing but you will be able to run any OpenCL application without a GPU.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties