PhotonGI cache + Oidn params

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: PhotonGI cache + Oidn params

Post by Dade »

rickyx wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:55 pm A note: when you enable OpenCl on a card that does not support it, Blender crashes.
This is the log on my Dell with 2 graphic cards, Intel and Nvidia: I have the opencl version of LuxCore and Linux as operating system.

I should not press that button ;) but I think that the error should be handled,
It is an internal error of the Intel GPU driver, it is the kind of stuff that can easily crash the entire OS. I doubt that it is possible to recover from that kind of error.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

rickyx wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:26 pm I did but I really don't know how those spot means. Are they correct?
It is the lighting used to compute indirect light contribution: you can think to this output like a version of the rendering with large pixels (or a minecraft version, etc.).
You may need to trace more photons or reduce the radius, if the image doesn't looks "right": for instance, there are some large difference between near "spots", the "spots" are too large,etc.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
provisory

Post by provisory »

rickyx wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:26 pm
provisory wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am - I used PGI Debug: Show Indirect for er, uh... debugging :)
I did but I really don't know how those spot means. Are they correct?
Those spots look good enough to me.
Spot size is defined by Lookup Radius, and more Photon Count means smoother look, or less difference between adjacent spots.

But for your original scene it was easy to spot ;) the problem with Show Indirect Debug Mode:
Attachments
master-Cache01-P-PGI_debug.jpg
master-Cache01-P-PGI_debug.jpg (6.9 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
provisory

Post by provisory »

Oh, I see Dade responded while I was writing...
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

In the latest BlendLuxCore, Intel integrated GPUs are disabled by default to avoid these kinds of problems.