[bugreport] Crash within preview while change light source setting [2.2 beta3]

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
S0rda

[bugreport] Crash within preview while change light source setting [2.2 beta3]

Post by S0rda »

Each time I preview, I change the values of color, size, gain, for light sources - point, sun, and others - and move them - the blender crash.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: [bugreport] Crash within preview while change light source setting [2.2 beta3]

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Are you using Blender 2.79 or 2.80?
Can you provide a small testscene?
S0rda

Re: [bugreport] Crash within preview while change light source setting [2.2 beta3]

Post by S0rda »

Sorry for the long answer. I thought, on a bugtracker, messages about bugs are more often viewed.

I use 2.79, for large or small scenes - the question is whether I have objects 10 centimeters or ten meters? No, they are not big, smaller than the room (I just checked by scaling the scene and applying scaling - it’s still crashing).
S0rda

Post by S0rda »

This is something strange, I just did not receive any sorties in the scene with the default cube, everything works perfectly. It seems that there are some conditions that cause crash?
Because I generally remembered this problem when, after several hours of adjusting the scene in the preview, I had no crashes, and then such crashes started that my system goes into reboot. This is strange.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

S0rda wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:52 pm I use 2.79, for large or small scenes - the question is whether I have objects 10 centimeters or ten meters?
With "small scene" I meant a .blend file with small filesize, sorry for the confusion.
S0rda wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:55 pm This is something strange, I just did not receive any sorties in the scene with the default cube, everything works perfectly. It seems that there are some conditions that cause crash?
Because I generally remembered this problem when, after several hours of adjusting the scene in the preview, I had no crashes, and then such crashes started that my system goes into reboot. This is strange.
I can not reproduce any problems on my end, so you will have to upload a scene that crashes for you so I can check.
What you describe sounds strange indeed, have you made sure that your hardware is not overheating? Maybe it's also a problem in your GPU driver, you can try to update it.
S0rda

Post by S0rda »

Can you test the effects of applying scale (Ctrl+A) (as well as scene size in meters) to crashes?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

With LuxCoreRender preview in view port enabled change dimension from 1920*1080 to 1080*1080. This leads to the need of killing Blender thread because nothing happens but Blender busy without CPU load.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
S0rda

Post by S0rda »

1) Updated drivers for the video card (GTX 1080 Ti)
2) At resolution 1920х1080 and 1080х1920 it still crashes
3) Work with cpu-preview, crash with gpu-preview.