cannot activate addon

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
youamer

cannot activate addon

Post by youamer »

i am not able to activate the blender addon. kindly check attachments
Attachments
1.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: cannot activate addon

Post by Dade »

youamer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am i am not able to activate the blender addon. kindly check attachments
There may be several reasons why it happens:

- have you installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017" ?

- are you trying to use an OpenCL-enabled version without having OpenCL drivers installed ? Does LuxMark work ?

- are you using a different Blender version from the one supported ? It must be the official v2.79b.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
youamer

Post by youamer »

I downloaded the beta one for blender 2.8 and it is working fine so I think the dependencies are ok.

I tried both with and without opencl

I am not sure about the official blender release. the screenshot has a small part in the upper right corner showing the blender release from the splash screen
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

youamer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:13 am I downloaded the beta one for blender 2.8 and it is working fine so I think the dependencies are ok.
Yup.
youamer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:13 am I am not sure about the official blender release. the screenshot has a small part in the upper right corner showing the blender release from the splash screen
Do you have problems with LuxCoreRender v2.1 or the v2.2beta3 ? The problem is likely to be the Blender version, for instance, if you are using a buildbot Blender binaries, they will not work.

Otherwise, it could be some kind of addon conflict, do you have AMD ProRender installed/enabled ? You should try with a fresh Blender v2.79b installation.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Looks like you use a 2.79 buildbot build, those are not supported.