Using Luxcorender 2.1 with Poser 7

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
dhayes

Using Luxcorender 2.1 with Poser 7

Post by dhayes »

I've been using Poser 7 on an ancient machine for a long time and it's really good enough. I still use the original P4 render engine. A few years ago I tried using an old version of LuxRender, but my old tower just didn't have enough graphics processing power.

I've recently upgraded to a new and much more powerful machine. Is there any way to get Poser 7 to work with LuxCoreRender 2.1?

01. Reality 4 requires at least Poser 9.
02. I cannot find a location to download Pose2Lux, or whether it would even work with LCR 2.1
03. I could upgrade to either Poser 11 or the latest Daz Studio, but P11 pro is a significant expense, and both programs represent a serious learning curve.

Is it possible to import a Poser 7 pz3 into Blender and use the LCR 2.1 Blender plugin to output to LCR?

Thanks very much for any help,
-Dan
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Using Luxcorender 2.1 with Poser 7

Post by Dade »

dhayes wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:05 am I've recently upgraded to a new and much more powerful machine. Is there any way to get Poser 7 to work with LuxCoreRender 2.1?
Older LuxRender binaries are available here: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/Previous_Version

LuxCore has a partial support for parsing old file formats but it is quite limited and tricky. It may be easier to use old Lux binaries.

I'm not aware of any new Poser exporter supporting the new LuxCore file formats.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
dhayes

Post by dhayes »

Thanks, Dave. BTW, is there any way to get an estimate on a bounty to develop a "pose2lux" like perl script that would export Poser7 and above to LCR 2.1?

-Dan
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

dhayes wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:05 pm BTW, is there any way to get an estimate on a bounty to develop a "pose2lux" like perl script that would export Poser7 and above to LCR 2.1?
It is hard to say, you first have to find some one with Poser developing experience (none of us has). Was the old "pose2lux" open source or a commercial product ?
The best route is probably trying to ping the old "pose2lux" developer and ask if if he has any interest in updating the script: it should be a quite easy step, it is mostly about the different syntax used to write the scene.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties