Far end of shadow noise

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Far end of shadow noise

Post by lacilaci »

I find intels denoiser far better than nvidias. It is definitely good enough for stills in most cases, not sure about anims. And what luxcore had before doesn't come even close.

This random skipped area problem is basicaly the only problem I ever had with it, and in case of final renders even that wouldn't matter.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

lacilaci wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:21 pm I find intels denoiser far better than nvidias. It is definitely good enough for stills in most cases, not sure about anims. And what luxcore had before doesn't come even close.

This random skipped area problem is basicaly the only problem I ever had with it, and in case of final renders even that wouldn't matter.
Exactly. The image I showed is the only one that ever failed for me, and it is far from a typical scene...
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

kintuX wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:17 pm And a reminder, during NVidias first AI filtering/denoising demo it was noted that this tools are meant for better, faster, more efficient previewing!!! not final HQ renders. ;)
That is not the case for Intel's OIDN, as stated by the main developer:
voxelium wrote:we didn’t optimize the filter for low SPPs and we never said that we did. I don’t know where does this come from.
Source: https://blenderartists.org/t/intel-open ... ?u=b.y.o.b
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

More random skipped denoising

Post by lacilaci »

noise:
nondenoised.jpg
denoised:
denoised.jpg
scene has hundreds of thousands lights probably... but somehow works well with the exception of random non denoised areas...
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: More random skipped denoising

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am
scene has hundreds of thousands lights probably...
Sure, this works very well. I think you can increase to millions. Who knows? :ugeek:
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:37 am I can reproduce the problem but I can not see any error on our side.

I will upgrade the binaries to the latest Oidn version than, if the problem is still there, I will report behavior to Intel.
I have updated our Intel Oidn to v0.9.0 but the problem is still there. I have reported the problem to Oidn developers: https://github.com/OpenImageDenoise/oidn/issues/33
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:29 pm
Dade wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:37 am I can reproduce the problem but I can not see any error on our side.

I will upgrade the binaries to the latest Oidn version than, if the problem is still there, I will report behavior to Intel.
I have updated our Intel Oidn to v0.9.0 but the problem is still there. I have reported the problem to Oidn developers: https://github.com/OpenImageDenoise/oidn/issues/33
thanks, here's an example of an area in reflection...

Unfortunately, I can't share any of those scenes
Attachments
refl.JPG
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

The problem has already been fixed in internal Oidn sources, the fix will be available with the next release :!:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

wow, that's great news!
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Really admirable co-op!!!