Impressed with Interior Denoising

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
rrubberr

Impressed with Interior Denoising

Post by rrubberr »

I decided to model a 'complex' indoor scene to test the abilities of OIDN when it comes to more complex edge situations. This scene contains 1.5 million triangles, but more importantly, over 20 million hair particles on the carpet, cussions, and grass outside the window. You'll notice that all (to my eye) detail in the hair particles, espectially on the carpet, are preserved, which is WAY ahead of other denoisers offered by Cycles or Renderman. The render ran for 21.5 minutes total, with a 20 minute halt condition for the render and 305 samples at the 20 minute mark.
FinalT1-01.jpeg
The attachment FinalT1-01.jpeg is no longer available
The first is the non-denoised image, while the second is the final post-processed image. I encourage you to zoom into the shadows or carpet to check for noise! I don't understand how it's possible :lol:
Calling all Linux users: check out the new LuxRender 1.7 Flatpak! https://github.com/rrubberr/Flatpak-LuxRender
Light transport enthusiast - www.rrubberr.com
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Impressed with Interior Denoising

Post by Sharlybg »

Very very nice result here :D . thank for sharing with us rrubberr.

More info ? hardware ? PGI on/off ? PGI debug view ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I like it :)
Maybe the carpet could be a bit more trodden down?
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

rrubberr wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 am I decided to model a 'complex' indoor scene to test the abilities of OIDN when it comes to more complex edge situations. This scene contains 1.5 million triangles, but more importantly, over 20 million hair particles on the carpet, cussions, and grass outside the window. You'll notice that all (to my eye) detail in the hair particles, espectially on the carpet, are preserved, which is WAY ahead of other denoisers offered by Cycles or Renderman. The render ran for 21.5 minutes total, with a 20 minute halt condition for the render and 305 samples at the 20 minute mark.

FinalNODN.png

FinalT1-01.jpeg

The first is the non-denoised image, while the second is the final post-processed image. I encourage you to zoom into the shadows or carpet to check for noise! I don't understand how it's possible :lol:
Beautiful!