Palace Interior

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
rrubberr

Palace Interior

Post by rrubberr »

Here's a quick three day render I've just completed using Blender, Substance Painter, and of course Luxcorerender. Recommendations are welcome.
IMG_20180903_200446_375.jpg
Calling all Linux users: check out the new LuxRender 1.7 Flatpak! https://github.com/rrubberr/Flatpak-LuxRender
Light transport enthusiast - www.rrubberr.com
Chemsy

Re: Palace Interior

Post by Chemsy »

Nice work, the door could use some more love, but other than that great work.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

rrubberr wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:10 am Here's a quick three day render I've just completed using Blender, Substance Painter, and of course Luxcorerender. Recommendations are welcome.

IMG_20180903_200446_375.jpg
I agree on the door being weakest point. But couple of other things:
Try to avoid tilting the camera in architectural/real estate renderings. Always use shifting options and keep your vertical lines straight.

Realistic lighting and overal rendering is good, but nice looking image is better.

Try some more dramatic, interesting lighting even if it means tweaking some parameters beyond realism. Even photography is full of fakes, nobody cares about realism, until something specificaly doesn't look right(like the door for example).

Your camera positioning and composition doesn't make sense. I don't know what I'm looking at and why am I looking at it from that point of view. Lookup some real estate photography tips on youtube for example to understand how and what lens(fov) to use. Also DoF doesn't seem to have a purpose there, again If I were to shoot this place and high f stop wouldn't be enough to keep everything sharp I'd use stacking to get everything clear.

And lastly keep in mind these are just my opinions, I might be wrong.
wasd

Post by wasd »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am I don't know what I'm looking at
I suggest replacing this plant with lupin
2.png
Then place the second over there
3.png
Now people would look at everything on the picture to find where's the third lupin.
Like this:
6-3.png
I'm not very good at modeling lupins though :?
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570