Poolside Renders

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
dat_boi

Re: Poolside Renders

Post by dat_boi »

Sharlybg wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:30 am
Hey, thank you aha, i've noticed some things about using the "light tracing" and the "caustics cache". I've used them before and they work great; although they have their own issues. the light tracing option seems to have errors for glass (maybe there is a setting i am missing). i have an example to show:
Look like the darkening or refraction bug of last time (light tracing btw the wy is fully accurate rendering feature not a biased one).
http://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewtop ... f=4&t=2890

wich version of luxcore build do you have ? btw it is better to upload a blend at least for devs and other users to reproduce the issue.
i am currently using blender version 2.83.5 and blendluxcore version 2.4 (stable release)
i just downloaded the latest prerelease build of blendluxcore from 9 days ago. what version of blender should i use for this?
and i will upload my blend file as soon as i get home; my mobile data has very slow upload speeds.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

dat_boi wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:48 am Hey guys, my first time posting on these forums. I've fell in love with Luxcorerender's glass and volumetrics capabilities, IMO they are far better than cycles, as cycles is simply limited in terms of those two aspects. I was inspired by food/beverage photography to make these scenes. I went for a poolside kind of feel.

16cc.jpg

18ccdn.png

10b8.jpg
Wow, what a beautiful job. This deserves a tutorial. If you can share how the glass, liquid and ice made, I would be very grateful. Congratulations.
dat_boi

Post by dat_boi »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 pm
dat_boi wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:48 am Hey guys, my first time posting on these forums. I've fell in love with Luxcorerender's glass and volumetrics capabilities, IMO they are far better than cycles, as cycles is simply limited in terms of those two aspects. I was inspired by food/beverage photography to make these scenes. I went for a poolside kind of feel.

16cc.jpg

18ccdn.png

10b8.jpg
Wow, what a beautiful job. This deserves a tutorial. If you can share how the glass, liquid and ice made, I would be very grateful. Congratulations.
haha thank you very much; i'll post the .blend file so you can see what settings i used when i get the time, its a start. im glad you like it :)
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

dat_boi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:42 am

16cc.jpg

18ccdn.png

10b8.jpg
haha thank you very much; i'll post the .blend file so you can see what settings i used when i get the time, its a start. im glad you like it :)

Wow, looking forward to that Blend file. It was one of the best glasses, liquids and ices I've ever seen.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

This scene of the glasses could be an example scene on the luxcore website, huh?
dat_boi

Post by dat_boi »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:29 pm
dat_boi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:42 am

Wow, looking forward to that Blend file. It was one of the best glasses, liquids and ices I've ever seen.
hey i'm back; sorry this took so long to upload, i've been busy: here is the .blend file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yrPFqa ... sp=sharing

hope its helpful for you guys;
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Thank you very much for sharing, for sure your file will be of great help. I think it should be an example scene on the website. Maybe the developers put it there.