Rolex Submariner

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
TStrolia

Rolex Submariner

Post by TStrolia »

This is a little side project I dug up. I was digging through a bunch of my old Maya projects from a few years ago and decided since I am doing a few projects in lux right now I might as well pull this into Blender and render this in lux also.

I want to give a huge thanks to the luxcore team for getting thin-film interference into lux. The pearl inlay really wouldn't have been possible, like, at all without it.

Although this is just a few angles, I will post more on Blender Artists in a couple of days once I have all of them rendered. I am just a little impatient right now. Haha. Still trying to decide what I want to do for the lead beauty shot. Haven't come up with an idea yet really so when I do that will go up on BA.

After all subdivs for displacement it comes out to a little over 16 million tris, 9.5 million hair particles, Path-Sobol with Light Tracing, 4800 samples, Render time is about 20 minutes for the shot of the seal and about 1 hour 45 minutes for the shop scene.
Attachments
ShopScene_Out.jpg
Seal_Out.jpg
Seal_Clay.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Rolex Submariner

Post by Sharlybg »

Top product render. Well done. before BYOB ask can we use the image in the lux gallery ? :D
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
TStrolia

Re: Rolex Submariner

Post by TStrolia »

Sharlybg wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:35 am Top product render. Well done. before BYOB ask can we use the image in the lux gallery ? :D
Thank you. And bsolutely. I would love to see any of these make it into the gallery. Would be cool to see a rediscovered side project make it into the gallery :D