First 'real' render with LuxCore

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
fxgogo

First 'real' render with LuxCore

Post by fxgogo »

Hi all, I have done a few test type renders before, but this is my first scene in I would say has a deliberate set up. This was part of a talk I did on different render engines in Blender for the London Blender User Group. Would love to hear your feedback.
06_Colour LuxCore.png
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: First 'real' render with LuxCore

Post by Sharlybg »

Nice start with lux. Hope you didn't get confused by the difference between Lux and cycles ;)
the scene itself have a lot of potential considering the quantity of detailed bottle here. But you can test some brighter sunny lighting to create contrast and make it less flat. I will also enable light tracing caustics to get more realism.

In case you have some fuel left to push a bit ;)

1__ Make some part brigter than the rest of the scene like this. use some object to stop light.

2__ Make sure that your light power and sharpness plus your camera position allow to see caustic easier. like this :

3__ With a good (high resolution) hdri from Hdrhaven you can end up with nice reflection like this :

Anyway thanks for Sharing. ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
fxgogo

Re: First 'real' render with LuxCore

Post by fxgogo »

Hi Sharlybg, thanks for the detailed feedback. I found the cross from cycles to lux not too bad, although I have much to learn still.

I am definitely going to do something more with this, but probably a new scene just to change things up a bit. This time I want animation to be part of it. I think one of my aims is to find a balance between relaism and speed for animation purposes.

Oh, by the way, thanks a stack for your YouTube videos. I used them to kickstart my into this renderer. So in a way you contributed to this image...;)