Jewels go to the pool - updated- bikini edition

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Jewels go to the pool - updated- bikini edition

Post by joyasrohrbach »

After great comments and good doubts from Sharlybg about the light,
I kept working to go all the way.
All assets modeled in house. There is a bikini somewhere, find it! :ugeek:
This image is for a poster in my new studio.

Modeled in Blender 2.9 and rendered with Luxcore 2.4 OpenCL Sobol Path tracing
Final image 2463 samples (it rendered during 9 hours because I fell asleep :D )
(the image is as it is after render, the only touch up was to removal of a white spot on a leaf on the bottom left)

4K image, updated scene

Some screenshots

*original post*...
I got inspired and tried to bring this scene to life. I hope I have succeded.

Summer… The small mannequin is actually a caracter I created some years ago and is registered, his name is Frank, he is made of gold instead of wood, because he represents a jewelry school. The resulting scene is ment to be comical, and also because of the out of scale assets.

Design made during the recording of a tutorial… Then I had some vision about this specific color palette and it became a must do.Also the pool was something I wanted to do for a long time.
The scene was modeled in Blender 2.9 and rendered with Luxocre 2.3
The ring was modeled with 3Design CAD Pro v9.511

(note: things are purposely out of scale, I wanted the jewels to go to the pool to be noticed :grin: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: It is a form (or better said, my form) of conceptual art somehow).

version 1 render 4K 868 samples

Some views during the making
Last edited by joyasrohrbach on Sun May 10, 2020 1:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Luximage

Re: Jewels go to the pool

Post by Luximage »

Wow super stuff, i love your scene!
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Another awesome job especially the modelling and the scene presentation.
But this time i don't know why this time you seem to have some darkening effect on your material like you miss some light bounce. it kill realism a bit compared to other shiny jewel render you have done before.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Hi, thanks all for your great comments. Sharlybg, indeed, the environment light is turned off. When turned on, the render cancels, it seems to be making an out of memory error. I also tried the 2.4 luxcore latest build, sadly it is worse. My system has almost 19 GB of VRAM. I tried to lower the settings until I found that the environment light generates the error, so I turned it off. Even at the lowest settings the environment cancels the render in 1 second!

Any idea how to fix that and get the environment bounces??? that would be great!
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Oh that is sad there is so much work in this project it deserve more attention.
It look like there is a cache friendly system + OOC features in 2.4 cuda build to solve this.
But not sure everything is ready. Btw is tile rendering make a difference ?
What is the resolution of your env texture ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

I tried the cuda version already, I was so happy to see it available, but it did not work. :( I will try to make the scene work with env light.

The hdri is indeed a very big 8k file, so maybe I will try to downsize that and see what effects it has on memory and lightning. It is great to see the cuda version is progressing, even if it crashes with this scene.

The scene is worth working more to enhance the lightning bounces. Thanks to your comment I will have a look into that and hopefully get another render.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

I created some years ago and is registered, his name is Frank, he is made of gold instead of wood, because he represents a jewelry school.
A decade ago I bought some more than a dozen of the wooden character. I made some outdoor, mainly in the woods, shots with the this figurines. Maybe I will post one the pictures of those days. To make a golden version, name it an register it was surely a good idea and good to realize it. The name Frank has interesting meanings like open, honest, gratis, ... .

:D

The scene is really a very funny. I guess it was a pleasure to set it up. Sometimes people have just to do what people like to do. :lol:
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Re: Jewels go to the pool - updated- bikini edition

Post by joyasrohrbach »

:D Thanks to your great comments, I work to update the scene.
I finally was able to use an 8K hdr background, added a laser light to make the diamond sparkle and reworked all the materials to balance caustics.
Thanks to all it was very motivating to make!
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:03 pm
I created some years ago and is registered, his name is Frank, he is made of gold instead of wood, because he represents a jewelry school.
A decade ago I bought some more than a dozen of the wooden character. I made some outdoor, mainly in the woods, shots with the this figurines. Maybe I will post one the pictures of those days. To make a golden version, name it an register it was surely a good idea and good to realize it. The name Frank has interesting meanings like open, honest, gratis, ... .

The scene is really a very funny. I guess it was a pleasure to set it up. Sometimes people have just to do what people like to do. :lol:
Always a pleasure to read your comments. Please do post some pictures.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

joyasrohrbach wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:16 pm
FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Always a pleasure to read your comments. Please do post some pictures.
Well, took some time. These guy's photos hide from me. Almost alive spirits they have. Actually wood is closer to live than stone or ore, say metal.
Three of 'em
Three of 'em
Four of 'em
Four of 'em
Enjoy and catch some new inspiration.

(Wood may get refreshing, glaring fire with a smooth touching sound :ugeek: Sand worked deeper curved wood + finest low viscous concrete + heat, lot of heat but caring on concrete + liquid Gold)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1