It's all in the fingerprint (again) animation, a first?

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

It's all in the fingerprint (again) animation, a first?

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Hi again

So, I made this jewelry animation, and I am pretty sure, it's a first. Many seek perfection, but my world is imperfect, then, the fingerprint idea... (This animation may not seem much, but unless proof of the contrary, it is the first time that someone add fingerprints in jewelry renders. Many want absolutely perfect jewels, sets and totaly clean gemstones, I don't believe in that, I believe in fingerprints...)

http://www.escueladejoyeriacadj.com/ima ... HRBACH.mp4

Rendered with LUXCORE 2.3

On Youtube:
https://youtu.be/QsyCcaV5sSA
tokiop

Re: It's all in the fingerprint (again) animation, a first?

Post by tokiop »

Very nice, thanks for sharing ! Seeing the scene in motion and through different angles add a lot.

The fingerprint (if I look at the correct areas) feel/look more like bump, while I think they should influence the material's roughness, how did you make them ?
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Re: It's all in the fingerprint (again) animation, a first?

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Well technically fingerprints have a thickness, so I used bump. Sadly, on the left side of the ring, the bump came out too strong and too sharp (on the gemstones bump work better because of the transparency and refractions etc).
I decided to keep it like that, because I was tired of rendering it again (I rendered it like 4 times to equiliber most of the things), render takes 20 hours at 8 mins per frame. But as a all, I think the resulting effect with the bump works well in this case. You are also right, so next time I will develop another version, because yes roughness, but also colors need to be affected.