PDRA's renders

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
PDRA

Re: PDRA's renders

Post by PDRA »

Hi guys!
I finally finished the sequence I wanted to make!
Render exterior centenario 1.jpg
Render exterior centenario 2.jpg
Render exterior centenario 5.jpg
Render exterior centenario 6.jpg
Render exterior centenario 9.jpg
Render exterior centenario 10.jpg
You will find more images in the following links
Behance
Artstation
Blenderartists

Thank you all for the help you gave me! I couldn't solve some of the issues yet but I may solve them in the next project.
I hope you like it!
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

Hi!
I wanted to post here the final images of the last series of renders I did with Luxcore! :D
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Also I would like to give some comments/feedback of things I bumped during this project that would be great if considered in future versions of this amazing render engine

- I had some problems with the triplanar nodes. When I first tried, they seem to create some weird effects in the textures, and I noticed that by setting the images to "box" projection (either for "classic" textures as well for normal maps) it worked correctly/much better rather than using those nodes. I believe I'm missing something with them but at first sight, they seemed redundant to me. However, a slider of the overlap factor of the triplanar projection would be great to have.
- As I mentioned in a recent post I made, it would be great to have a more intuitive gradient node. Gradients are imho an essential part of many visualization fields. As it is right now, it is complicated to have control over them.
- The "random per island" node would be great if it can recognize UV islands as "separate" parts of the same entity.
- I couldn't use the anisotropy option (in the brake disks) because it required an specific UV map to work. In the case of this object is almost "impossible" to create that UV map as the geometry have holes and makes it very hard to be unwrapped into the expected way for it to work. A similar approach to systems like the one cycles uses would be cool to have.
- I insist in having a a falloff/fresnel control node :P For the car paint I used a combination of the "carpaint" shader (as base material) + "glossy coating" one to control the fresnel effect by an IOR number of the coating layer. The car paint last layer is way to reflective in surfaces that are perpendicular the viewpoint and they can be only increased or decreased as an overall effect. By disabling the effect of this last layer and combining it with the coating node (and setting its IOR to a low number like 1.2-1.4) I was able to create, what I believe a more convincing looking carpaint material. Anyway the falloff node would not only be useful for this effect but for many others as well.
- A "bevel" node would be great to control micro border roundness as well.

I would like to emphasize that I commenting this in order to give you my most humble feedback as this is, as I believe, a way to contribute to this great project! I admire your capacity to translate all this rendering considerations into code!

Finally, you can find a bit more info in any of the following projects and a time lapse as well!!

Blender artists
Artstation
Behance
Youtube

Regards, saludos!
Pablo
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

PDRA wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 am Hi!
I wanted to post here the final images of the last series of renders I did with Luxcore! :D
I would like to emphasize that I commenting this in order to give you my most humble feedback as this is, as I believe, a way to contribute to this great project! I admire your capacity to translate all this rendering considerations into code!

Finally, you can find a bit more info in any of the following projects and a time lapse as well!!

Blender artists
Artstation
Behance
Youtube

Regards, saludos!
Pablo
Hello Pablo
What nice piece of work :!: : Futuristic Car of a Progressive Alien in a spaceship's perfect clean cargo.
I like the way you render keeping some noise left.
Indeed an impressive car paint and nice detail on head lights' clear polymer. :lol:

Regards
Keep having fun!
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:35 am Hello Pablo
What nice piece of work :!: : Futuristic Car of a Progressive Alien in a spaceship's perfect clean cargo.
I like the way you render keeping some noise left.
Indeed an impressive car paint and nice detail on head lights' clear polymer. :lol:

Regards
Keep having fun!
Thank you FarbigeWelt!
Love that title, you definitely got the concept behind this series!
Yes, I always try to keep (or even add) some noise in the images in order to consider those imperfections that are recognizable in real photos (ISO noise).
Carpaint came out really well, I feel this preset is the one I will keep using for next project, and, yes, I used the thin film option for headlights :D
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

Blender Nation asked me to do a behind the scenes of my latest project!
Here is a link to the article I wrote :)

https://www.blendernation.com/2020/09/1 ... -full-cgi/

Hope you like it

Saludos,
Pablo
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

PDRA wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:07 pm Blender Nation asked me to do a behind the scenes of my latest project!
Here is a link to the article I wrote :)

https://www.blendernation.com/2020/09/1 ... -full-cgi/

Hope you like it

Saludos,
Pablo
That is a well wrote article with lot of good insights about your workflow.
I also have a déjà vu(familliar) feeling about the way your personnality is leaking
throught each sentence and working proccedure.
Also taste and interest in life are very speaking to me : (Electric cars / New tech / Sci fi movie / Philosophy)

Well done !
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

Sharlybg wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:39 pm That is a well wrote article with lot of good insights about your workflow.
I also have a déjà vu(familliar) feeling about the way your personnality is leaking
throught each sentence and working proccedure.
Also taste and interest in life are very speaking to me : (Electric cars / New tech / Sci fi movie / Philosophy)

Well done !
Thank you Sharlybg for your comment!
It is really cool you give it a read and to hear you liked it!
It is also great to know we share the same interests :D
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

Hi there!
Here is a new project I’ve created.
I did this sequence in order to test the new Automotive HDRI Pack I’ve created.

Photography + HDRIs + Rendering + Post-pro by me

Tools Used: Blender 2.9 + Luxcore 2.4 + PTGui + Photoshop + Lightroom

Here are some links

Project on Behance
Artstation
Automotive HDRIs Pack in Gumroad

Hope you like it! :D
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-1.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-2.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-3.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-4.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-7.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-8.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-9.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-10.jpg
Tesla roadster - Luxcore - PDRA-11.jpg
HDRI Mountain lake road - Morning _ Afternoon - Partially clouded A Clay.jpg
Ahr0n

Post by Ahr0n »

Amazing, astonishing and ultra realistic renders as I wrote on your Behance : - ) Love to see your automotive work, the well-known BMW LuxCore render with caustics and now the Tesla one! It's simply outstanding.

If I could ask you about your technical details - how do you setup your HDRI - as a half flattened sphere or in some other way? + A plane as a shadow catcher?
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

Ahr0n wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm Amazing, astonishing and ultra realistic renders as I wrote on your Behance : - ) Love to see your automotive work, the well-known BMW LuxCore render with caustics and now the Tesla one! It's simply outstanding.

If I could ask you about your technical details - how do you setup your HDRI - as a half flattened sphere or in some other way? + A plane as a shadow catcher?
Hi Ahr0n,
Thank you very much for the nice comments you have done in different places!
The setup I use for these images is quite simple.
I load the HDRI I created in the World lighting settings and then use a plane with the "shadow catcher" and "only infinite lights" option turned on.
The HDRI I use has already a motion blur effect applied so the reflection that the car gets is already blurred.
Additionally, in a few renders of this last series I've been experimenting with an additional plane as a floor but for the only purpose to get the reflection of the backplate I use onto the car surface for later use in pos-pro. I achieved this by assigning a matte material to it with its diffuse color being the backplate and adding a UVProject modifier (being the placed camera the point from projection) and making the plane not visible to the camera but only for the reflections.
There were a few issues with this technique in the process, but now that I'm experimenting with the new "holdout" option that luxcore 2.5 has, it seems that it made this work much better. I still haven't tested it enough to see if it is the ultimate solution.
Hope this helps! I might do a tutorial in the future! :)

Regards, saludos
Pablo