Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:59 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:05 pm
You can make the float output discrete by using band textures.
I usually setup stuff like this by first using primary colors for the inputs, then plug the textures in there once everything works.
thanks, is there a way to change the randomization seed?

User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 am

Racleborg wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 pm
That ' dirty late hour test' looks really nice!
Thanks. I started this project in both cycles and luxcore, cycles being a safety backup is something goes terribly wrong with luxcore.

User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 am

please help. Shadow terminator is going to kill me...

btw this is a 9min. render at 2048x2048.
Attachments
terminator.jpg

User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Laci's wip

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:28 am

lacilaci wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:59 am
thanks, is there a way to change the randomization seed?
You can manually assign object IDs to the objects.
Or you can rename them (the random ID is derived from the object name).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

wasd
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Laci's wip

Post by wasd » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am

lacilaci wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 am
please help. Shadow terminator is going to kill me...
I think the only option is to make more faces there. It won't cure terminator problem, but you can make that squares less evident.
Bump for some reason choose to ignore phong smoothing at some faces :) (that's my opinion on the matter)
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Log Power | Core i5-4570

User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:28 am
lacilaci wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:59 am
thanks, is there a way to change the randomization seed?
You can manually assign object IDs to the objects.
Or you can rename them (the random ID is derived from the object name).
Oh great thanks, so maybe a small feature request for the future to have it right at the node..? So that I can quickly reshuffle patterns.

User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:36 am

wasd wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am
lacilaci wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 am
please help. Shadow terminator is going to kill me...
I think the only option is to make more faces there. It won't cure terminator problem, but you can make that squares less evident.
Bump for some reason choose to ignore phong smoothing at some faces :) (that's my opinion on the matter)
Yeah, I definitely noticed that the more promiment bump, the more apparent is the terminator effect. Cycles has issues with terminator too, but they don't seem to get worse by strong bump.. Really annoying.

Also, I know higher polycount can help. But I'm afraid I'm gonna end up with some insane scene as I fill it with objects, the chair is already pretty high poly.

User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:47 pm

a quick(40min) 4K test of lighting.
Attachments
lighting_test_wip.jpg

User avatar
lacilaci
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:32 pm

some more early testing...
Attachments
wdmtest.jpg

User avatar
Sharlybg
Supporting Users
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: Laci's wip

Post by Sharlybg » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:48 pm

You really like 4k i hope you don't build project on high resolution. it can be very frustrating for render time noise and slow preview.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

Post Reply