Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Laci's wip

Post by Sharlybg »

For me lux is fast everywhere than cycles especially high resolution render.
I'm currently rendering 3k interior for an architect and it is so fast. Yes With PGI of course. I've to adapt a bit my workflow when i feel performance degradation (help the render engine a bit) in a way that give me always the perf i know lux can deliver.

8mn / frame on single 1080Ti
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

but I'm not comparing with cycles but with e-cycles and octane.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

lacilaci wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:28 pm but I'm not comparing with cycles but with e-cycles and octane.
Yes i Know but speed i'm talking about is far from 50% improvement (with PGI). But anyway it is always good to spot area for improvement as you do.
This way we get even faster when proper solution is on track. With my workflow it is hard to spot such kind on under performing scenario i mean.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm
lacilaci wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:28 pm but I'm not comparing with cycles but with e-cycles and octane.
Yes i Know but speed i'm talking about is far from 50% improvement (with PGI). But anyway it is always good to spot area for improvement as you do.
This way we get even faster when proper solution is on track. With my workflow it is hard to spot such kind on under performing scenario i mean.
I think there is some problem with MIS or something. Both octane and ecycles can in very first passes give very detailed shadows and lighting etc, rest is just gi noise, reflections etc.. luxcore can easily take much more time to sample shadow areas or multiple lightsources and some noise stays after thhousands of samples...
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

some super quick and dirty and very early testrenders to see some sun, sky and ocean view....
qw0.png
qw1.png
qw2.png
DEBIHOOD

Post by DEBIHOOD »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:02 pm some super quick and dirty and very early testrenders to see some sun, sky and ocean view....
Wow! :o
I like it, it looks very good! :D I hope you finish it and it will fall into our gallery
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Looks fantastic! :)
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:02 pm some super quick and dirty and very early testrenders to see some sun, sky and ocean view....
I really like your work. It looks very perfect like fresh cleaned by an army of housekeepers for photos in a gloss paper all luxury magazine. I guess there is no seaside sand beach and birds have to fly around the protecting air barrier surrounding the complex. The CGI shots have been taken possibly in a virtual dust protected set under laminar flow.
The slightly over exposed pictures support this untouchable look. Hotel’s target clients must have a wardrobe of white dresses, vets and shoes with the exception of pastel shaded belts, socks and ties. This guests arrive in stretched SUV-limousines stuffing their boots with oversized luggages. Expected welcome presents are of the kind of champagne, season pralines, Russian caviar, lobsters, still water purified with leaf gold, black rose bouquets, and New Jersey cotton towels, Japan mint perfumed, for the well-deserved refreshment of spirit, face and fingers after the journey of any duration and other remarkable courtesies. In the sophisticated lobby, very discrete platinum plates note: - no kids - no pets -. At the wall, behind the endless, finely anisotropic polished, not mirroring, fingerprint repelling high-grade stain steel reception desk, flaunt a heavy, smoothly carved, white Carrara marble lettering: Welcome Dandies of World.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

just quick small update...
qp4.jpg
qp5.jpg
qp6.jpg
I'm also seeing a lot of italian flags all over the noise :shock:
Inkedflg_LI.jpg
just kidding, it's chromatic abberation...
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:39 pm just quick small update...

Inkedflg_LI.jpg
Very fashionable!

At first glimpse I thought your last picture in the post is a classic Roman Egyptian style mosaic.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1