Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci »

Alright, so I decided to finaly build a first scene with luxcore as renderer.

I'll be working on this in my free time and while the archviz scene is main focus I might post here some other smaller works too, and maybe also use this thread also for some more questions and help about luxcore so that I'm not all over the forum. Hope nobody minds.

This scene will be mostly freeform exploration until I find something I like, no clear direction or plan. Exterior is mostly there just so that I have something outside as I want to use some big windows (I think).

I will try to keep it very basic and simple with mostly default settings. Sun, sky (default values) probably some interior lights and opencl(default values) with 50K clampling seems to work as I'd imagine. Performance seems to be amazing so far.

I might skip on caustics cause it's too slow and I won't render 10 hours just because of that(maybe I will change my mind at the very end if it will make a big difference) and bidir cannot be denoised with nvidias denoiser.

I will not use BCD until it's usable or replaced, I will use nvidia denoiser which makes even 5min. 4K render a very fast and useful preview, so I hope current issues like edge darkening and weird triangle shading on meshes with gpu won't become a showstopper during this small project.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: first steps

Post by lacilaci »

In another quicktest I noticed that leaves at the top of the hedge look very green and wrong. Any tips on how to fix that?
Attachments
hedge.jpg
hedgeleaf.JPG
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

some terrible sail shades experiment... will rework this bad idea completely.
Attachments
crapshades.jpg
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 am In another quicktest I noticed that leaves at the top of the hedge look very green and wrong. Any tips on how to fix that?
Nice trees in the background. But the very green leaves on the top of the hedge look like growing grass. Did you check the viewing angle? Are your leaves flat or 3d bend? Just a plane or a cuboid? Planes lead to other colors than cuboids, in my tests.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:03 pm
lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 am In another quicktest I noticed that leaves at the top of the hedge look very green and wrong. Any tips on how to fix that?
Nice trees in the background. But the very green leaves on the top of the hedge look like growing grass. Did you check the viewing angle? Are your leaves flat or 3d bend? Just a plane or a cuboid? Planes lead to other colors than cuboids, in my tests.
Leaves have no thicknes, that's why I'm using twosided. I'm also having trouble with the sail shade translucent cloth material.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Some sail shade test, needs details but for now I'm keeping it.
Attachments
sailsA.jpg
sailsB.jpg
sarmath

Post by sarmath »

Wondering about windows glass material...its very reflective and we can not see any interior. Is it correct physical behaviour??? :?:
WIndows 11 Pro Ryzen 7 5700x RTX 3090 32 GB RAM
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

The interior is probably just very dark while the reflected exterior is very bright.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

sarmath wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 pm Wondering about windows glass material...its very reflective and we can not see any interior. Is it correct physical behaviour??? :?:

2 panels of 3mm thick glass with no absorption and architectural is on.
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:53 pm The interior is probably just very dark while the reflected exterior is very bright.
Yes it's empty for now and also there are no other windows... Don't know if that will change yet.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Very small update... too busy atm :(
Attachments
firepit.jpg