Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
sarmath

Re: first steps

Post by sarmath »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:48 pm
epilectrolytics wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:43 pm Awesome stuff, really great renders!

About the mist problem:
Instead of image pipeline (depth channel) mist you could try to mix the hill material with emissive background color.
I removed the hills, didn't like the idea. What do you mean by mix with emissive background? Like composite those hill objects with background? or add emissive shader to the shader hills have?

Anyways I like the way mist works, excelent in camera solution. I hope that it is a bug that can be fixed.
I had the same problem with mist plugin and this is explanation from B.Y.O.B :

- "The mist imagepipeline plugin is not suited for strong fog like in your image because it uses the Depth AOV, which is not anti-aliased. This creates visible dark and jagged edges around foreground objects. Unfortunately LuxCore does not have an anti-aliased mist AOV like Cycles, so I'm not sure how this could be improved. You can use a homogeneous volume for realistic fog, but this might be hard to fine-tune and usually makes the render slower."
WIndows 11 Pro Ryzen 7 5700x RTX 3090 32 GB RAM
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

sarmath wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 pm
epilectrolytics wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:43 pm Awesome stuff, really great renders!

About the mist problem:
Instead of image pipeline (depth channel) mist you could try to mix the hill material with emissive background color.
I removed the hills, didn't like the idea. What do you mean by mix with emissive background? Like composite those hill objects with background? or add emissive shader to the shader hills have?

Anyways I like the way mist works, excelent in camera solution. I hope that it is a bug that can be fixed.

- "The mist imagepipeline plugin is not suited for strong fog like in your image because it uses the Depth AOV, which is not anti-aliased. This creates visible dark and jagged edges around foreground objects. Unfortunately LuxCore does not have an anti-aliased mist AOV like Cycles, so I'm not sure how this could be improved. You can use a homogeneous volume for realistic fog, but this might be hard to fine-tune and usually makes the render slower."
I see, so no fix then.
sarmath

Post by sarmath »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:34 pm

I see, so no fix then.
As far as I know...Dade knows about the problem so its matter of time... ;)
WIndows 11 Pro Ryzen 7 5700x RTX 3090 32 GB RAM
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

sarmath wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:46 pm
lacilaci wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:34 pm

I see, so no fix then.
As far as I know...Dade knows about the problem so its matter of time... ;)
Ok, so fix at some point then...
Well, to be honest it doesn't bother me atm too much, it's a small issue compared to others...
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:48 pm I removed the hills, didn't like the idea. What do you mean by mix with emissive background? Like composite those hill objects with background? or add emissive shader to the shader hills have?
Yes, add an emissive shader with your mist color (should be close to sky color) and mix it with the hill material shader.
That's what the image pipeline mist does: mixing the material shader with mist color driven by the depth channel.
But the depth channel doesn't "see" through mirrors and glass and struggles with DOF blurring.

When you adjust the material these problems don't occur (but you can't adjust while rendering).

If there were more vector math nodes this could be achieved better with access to geometry distance values but for one or two hills you can do it manually.
provisory

Post by provisory »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:51 pm Is there a world volume setting?
Yes, there is, under world properties.
...but I would rather use a large invisible (null material) cuboid with interior volume for better control.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

2 quick wips, as you can see the house isn't designed yet, just a white block. But before I do that I need to finish and add few more things in the exterior...
Attachments
outWip.jpg
outWip2.jpg
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

wip render of today...
Attachments
A1.jpg
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

I like the scene, espescially the large umbrella with its nice texture.
The flamengo could, in my opinion, be just a little bit more in the water.
Regards
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:40 pm I like the scene, espescially the large umbrella with its nice texture.
The flamengo could, in my opinion, be just a little bit more in the water.
Regards
It is in the water, But I think that I will need to create a water tension geometry to get some highlights on contact.... This is where bevel shader with option to blend multiple objects would come in handy... also During this project I realized how much I miss triplanar mapping with blending from cycles :D