Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 pm Thanks for the report.
See https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/228, I will try to fix it after the port to 2.8.
Oh, so it can be fixed...? 8 rugs and my 32gb ram is gone :D (it's probably gone with 5 already)

But luxcore renders that(hair) fast and looks good...
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm Oh, so it can be fixed...?
Yes. This is just a limitation of the addon.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

another rugtest
Attachments
rugrandom.jpg
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

That looks cool!
Is this done with manual combing, or some kind of texture?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 pm That looks cool!
Is this done with manual combing, or some kind of texture?
thanks. manual for now. I was really surprised myself how good it looks with little effort...
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

So beautyfull carpet nicely done.
I ve noticed a serious performance drawback when rendering with heavy hair like that. Can you confirm ? Speed ratio between render with the carpet and hair enable and render without hair.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:09 am So beautyfull carpet nicely done.
I ve noticed a serious performance drawback when rendering with heavy hair like that. Can you confirm ? Speed ratio between render with the carpet and hair enable and render without hair.
Nah, well... It is definitely faster without hair but I guess not by much, I think some slowdown is to be expected. Had much more trouble last time I tried something similar using cycles or even corona(I haven't used corona in quite some time though).

On other hand, I'm working with some insane numbers to get fast renders. This was rendered with a clamping value of 5! This usually breaks a lot of things but I've adjusted all the lightsources to make things work and... it works nicely!

There is sky and some interior lights("complex" bulbs/1500+ lightcount with DLS enabled!) and I can still render this at 2K in an hour or so!(probably 2 and a half for a final quality..)

Would be much easier with some ray/visibility options to help with glass and to reduce light emmitors using known tricks of hidden lights(from all rays except diffuse)

And finally, this is an interior that is to a great extent lit by sky, so if a gi caching will give as great boost as it gives to corona, and if you use recent hardware, and a good denoiser, this could be rendered in 5-10 min. in 2K.... Like, serious competition for current popular renderers.

Btw, I've seen Dade's RT of Attila Afra's tweet about intel's open image denoising. Does this mean what I think it means? :D
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Here's a nice and quick (bellow 2hrs) 2K rendering...
Attachments
v3.jpg
provisory

Post by provisory »

Wow, really nice!
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 am Here's a nice and quick (bellow 2hrs) 2K rendering...
If you remove the cut off chair on the left and make the background less busy/distracting, this could be a great image I think :)