Diamonds

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Dez!

Re: Diamonds

Post by Dez! »

Great! Great topic! I carefully monitor the result!
I'm sure Jewelry should be the strength of Luxrender.
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
Hell948

Post by Hell948 »

Hi guys !

@Lights_and_Shadows
Really detailed suggestion you gave me there ! Thousands thanks cause it sure makes me wanna try it out ! :D
I wonder tho if simulating the whole lightning studio does impact the render time significantly.
I'll try to give it a shot next week and report here what I found out (i'll also try to render golds & platine). :)

@Dez
Well I thought so too. Every workplace I got in used very expensive software (often hacked licenses I think) for the renders.
I'm 100% sure that with enough work, LuxCore can match or even outperform some pricy software, there main argument being the ease of use & presets.
Lights_and_Shadows

Post by Lights_and_Shadows »

Hell948 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:53 pm Hi guys !

@Lights_and_Shadows
Really detailed suggestion you gave me there ! Thousands thanks cause it sure makes me wanna try it out ! :D
I wonder tho if simulating the whole lightning studio does impact the render time significantly.
I'll try to give it a shot next week and report here what I found out (i'll also try to render golds & platine). :)

@Dez
Well I thought so too. Every workplace I got in used very expensive software (often hacked licenses I think) for the renders.
I'm 100% sure that with enough work, LuxCore can match or even outperform some pricy software, there main argument being the ease of use & presets.
Depends on how far you take the design of it. I do notice a performance drop between the lighting rig and merely using a straight HDR.
Windows 7 Professional, x64
Intel Core i7 6700K, 4GHz
EVGA GeForce GT740 Superclocked, 4GB GDDR5
32GB RAM DDR4 (approx. 80GB with pagefile active)
RAID 0 configured HDD setup (2x 500GB Seagate Barracudas)