Simple scene, working on replicating my desk

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
oldladyfear

Simple scene, working on replicating my desk

Post by oldladyfear »

Decided to really try and get the hang of a photorealistic workflow, ended up with this - it's simple, but I like how it's turning out. The pencil clearly need some work though.
denoised.png
I'm thinking of eventually expanding this to have everything on my desk, then maybe try to do a full room.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Simple scene, working on replicating my desk

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

The materials and lighting look very realistic indeed.
What I would change is the focal point: currently, it seems to be on the very bottom of the image?
The first thing that catched my attention was the glass, but it is very blurry due to the depth of field, which was a bit irritating.
So I would put the focus on glass.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

It's clear you're doing a super realistic pics there. you can also increase your specular deph to something between 16 -- 24 to get a clear glass.

keep it up ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
oldladyfear

Post by oldladyfear »

I have the focal point on the center of the drawing, i'll try a small test render later with the focus on the glass instead. Thanks for the pointer.
Sharlybg wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:27 am It's clear you're doing a super realistic pics there. you can also increase your specular deph to something between 16 -- 24 to get a clear glass.

keep it up ;)
I don't think increasing the depth will do much good, it's already set at 128 bounces... i'm guessing between the rough glass and the shallow angle, russian roulette is probably killing the rays in the dark spots on the glass. I might have the roughness from the smear map set a little too high too, i'll play around it a bit.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

The materials look great!