Fire and Smoke test

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Enty

Re: Fire and Smoke test

Post by Enty »

Dade wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm
Enty wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 pm Before loading my scene, I tried the test scene shipping with LuxCoreUI, but it wasn't loading.
It supposed to be read from the main directory like explained in https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... /README.md with a:

Code: Select all

./bin/luxcoreui scenes/cornell/cornell.cfg
Yes, when loading it from the terminal like this it works.
Dade wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm
Enty wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 pm When I then loaded my scene, the headline wasn't there.
Do you mean the menu bar ? It seems a bug in ImGUI happening only on Windows (I have still to investigate): the menu is still there and will pop up as soon as you click there.
Yes, I mean the menu bar. When I start and load from the terminal like with the example scene it directly shows up, but first running luxcoueui and then loading from within luxcoreui causes the bar to disappear.
However this seems not to be a windows-only problem because I'm using linux and it happened nevertheless.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 pm
Dade wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm However the 101% of the users will try to directly load the render.cfg and the referenced paths from there will be than wrong. I must really change the demo scene paths.
Or you could add a fallback check during the scene loading that searches the directory of the .cfg for the other files.
Mmm, an (extensible) set of paths where to search for (any type) of files would be handy. It is also quite easy to add. I will open a issue on GitHub.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Enty wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:02 pm Yes, I mean the menu bar. When I start and load from the terminal like with the example scene it directly shows up, but first running luxcoueui and then loading from within luxcoreui causes the bar to disappear.
However this seems not to be a windows-only problem because I'm using linux and it happened nevertheless.
I will try to reproduce the problem on my Linux box.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties