trying to switch to Luxcore

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
zooropa

trying to switch to Luxcore

Post by zooropa »

Hi. I must say I did not dedicate much time yet. I got little bit frustrated by the amount of setting parameters that luxcore has. I am not the type of user that understands and enjoy the technicalities and being able to set every parameter. That is maybe why for the last years I have been using keyshot. But every time I see your tutorials on materials I get totally hocked. Is there any possibility you release a tutorial explaining a little bit more about the lighting settings of luxcore engine...It is a little bit overwhelming. I tried to follow the last archviz tutorial, but I felt it was skipping some explanations. If I can propose: It could be nice to have a tutorial on how to set up a scene...not only for archviz...but maybe also for product designers? I would like to start to render products and furniture with your engine. I am not saying you need to do it cause one person, but I am sure there is a big amount of people that might be also interested in switching to luxcore from my field :)

I really love what you do and the quality of your images, but I must say it feels a bit to complex. Maybe presets? like Product settings...Archviz....and so on... Anyway I will start again and seat to learn it. The porsche ....bought me.

When it comes to the materials it is super clear and I got convinced because of that mainly, the materials and clarity of the nodes is (from my point of view) much cleared than cycles.

Thank you!
Theo_Gottwald

The way to start with Luxcore

Post by Theo_Gottwald »

There are many good tutorials on YouTube menawhile.
Take a look.

Secondly I recommend to start with downloading and rendering these Luxcore Example Scenes.
The first one is the best. It contains a lot of Materials that you can use and there is already a perfectly lightened stage.

Third start making your own scenes by changing the example scenes and try different settings.
Get Blender-Quickbuttons and configure over 100 Blender-Buttons individual to your needs.
Visit my YouTube-Channel: Theo's Fun Videos and watch several Blender related Videos.
Join @Dreamstime and sell your Renderings to the world.